- Have addresses and phone/fax numbers changed?
- Do you differentiate your service from that of your competition?
- Is the look of your site consistent with your brand?
- Are there broken links?
- Is the information about your services still accurate or have you added or removed certain services?
- If you include a slide show, is it still working?
- If you list your employees, has anyone left or have you hired anyone?
- Do you have a call-to-action on EVERY page of your site?
- Is your phone number prominent on EVERY page?
- Are there expired coupons on your site?
- Is all grammar and spelling correct?
- If someone wants to contact you by email, can they easily find your email address?
- Google “pest control: (your city)” to see where you come up.
- Is your site quick to load?
- Is vital information “above the fold” so users don’t have to scroll to see your most important message?
Like an annual physical, it’s a good idea to do a complete website review at least once a year. Things change, links die and other maladies affect a website, sometimes unknown to you. Here is a short checklist to help evaluate your site!
Want to use these articles?
These articles may be freely published in any e-zine, newsletter, newspaper, magazine, website, etc. as long as my name and bio remain in tact. Please send me a link when you run my work. Just be sure to NOT edit them in any way and to always include this credit line: