If you’re not comfortable speaking in public, perhaps someone on your staff is. Joining Toastmasters and using a speaking coach are two strategies to help you become a better public speaker and gain confidence in your skills. (One of the best speaking coaches I know is Fred Miller of No Sweat Public Speaking!)
Here are some tips:
- Make a list of organizations in your community that use speakers and contact the program chairman to explore speaking opportunities within the group. Rotary clubs, chambers of commerce and community networking groups are just a few possibilities.
- Create a presentation for your company that would be appropriate for any group at any time of the year. Pest prevention is always an interesting topic that everyone can identify with. If you need help creating this presentation, click here.
- Write a short introduction to give to the meeting planner so you’ll be introduced as you want.
- Give something with your name on it to each audience member ― for example, a seasonal pest prevention card.
- Remember, the presentation should be about the audience, their wants and needs ― not entirely about your company.
- Tell first-person stories about pest control ― everyone loves to hear these!
Click here for your FREE pest prevention presentation outline!