Technical training is a necessity and the majority of the training budget is spent on this type of training. Unfortunately, technical training is just one of many topics that pest control technicians need in order to succeed as the “face” of your company.
Communication training is equally, or perhaps more important, than technical training. If a technician is not comfortable talking with customers, he/she will not be successful.
This list of training topics covers non-technical topics that are vital for the technician’s (and the company’s) success.
- General information about the pest control industry (statistics, importance of pest control)
- Communication (role-playing, lecture, videos), i.e.
- Procedures to greet and communicate with the customer
- What your customers expect
- How to make a good first . . . and last . . . impression
- Pest control in your state (rules, regulations)
- Information about your company
- Your ads, commercials & marketing (so they can answer customers’ questions)
- Your pricing
- Collection procedures
How many of these do you include in your technician training sessions? Email and let me know!
What you can do today. . . 1) Review your training topics and be sure you are preparing your technicians to communicate with your customers. 2) Add customer communication to your training topics.
3) Contact me to find out about my technician communication training programs (800-779-0067 or firstname.lastname@example.org).