- Completely fill out your profile at whatever social media site you use. This will help brand you and will make your posts more searchable.
- Post your photo. Nothing says newbie like the default graphic instead of your photo!
- "Listen" for a while to understand what causes your contacts to engage with each other.
- Don't sell!! Add value by offering information, hints & tips.
- Post frequently so people know you're interacting.
- Be nice. Answer questions, ask questions, give compliments.
There over 500 million Facebook users.
50% of active Facebook users log on every day.
App. 53% of the adult female population routinely participates in social media.
The average Facebook user:
- Has 130 friends.
- Clicks the like button 9 times per month.
- Posts 25 comments per month.
- Spends 55 minutes per day on Facebook.
- 35 million users update their status each day.
If you are an editor or publisher of a publication and would like to use this article, please do so! Just be sure the following line goes with it and that you don’t edit the story in any way. (And it would be nice if you emailed a copy of the article in the publication once it’s created!)
June Van Klaveren, owner of Compelling Communications, helps her clients be known, be heard and be seen through dynamic marketing material creation.