Let me ask you this. . . if most of your new customers come from referrals, why are you spending all that money mass marketing trying to get new customers? Why not focus on the source of your referrals – your customers! They are a gold mine!
What if you could increase the number of referrals you get each year with a simple keep-in-touch plan designed to keep you in your customers’ minds all the time, a plan that would remind your customers of the valuable service you provide – and incentivise referrals at the same time?
It’s really not that difficult. Here are few fundamental steps toward establishing your keep-in-touch program using an e-blast strategy.
- Collect email addresses of all your customers.
- If you provide quarterly service, plan to touch base with your customers in between quarters.
- Create and email a short e-mail blast each quarter.
- As far as content is concerned, include a short note from the President, an insect article and a humor article or recipe, an incentive for referrals and something of interest to homeowners. Remember, most of your decision makers for residential service are women!
- Use a mailing service that manages your list like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Note that you may not see the results after the first issue or even after the 3rd or 4th, but gradually, your referrals will pick up. I guarantee it!
June Van Klaveren, owner of Compelling Communications, helps her clients be known, be heard and be seen through dynamic marketing material creation