Now, I ask you. If this person has a pest problem, will they go to the effort to look up the name of the company they used– or will they call the first company whose commercial they heard. This got me to thinking about why you may NOT be remembered and what it takes to BE remembered by your customers and prospects.
6 Reasons you may NOT be remembered:
- The customer may not value your services/product enough to remember you. In their mind, your service is a commodity, i.e. pretty much the same as all other pest control companies.
- The customer may not hear from you on a regular basis. Your technician performs service, leaves and that’s it! The customer receives no communication from you between services.
- You haven’t made an impression (either positive or negative) with the customer. Nothing about your service stands out as special to the customer.
- You have not made a connection with the customer. We remember people and companies who make a connection face to face or online .
- You haven’t given the customer a REASON to remember you.
- The name of your company doesn't tell what you do.
- COMMUNICATE/CONNECT. Use an integrated approach to communicate and connect with your clients. Social media, newsletter, blog, emails, web site and printed material are just some of the ways to do this.
- At each service, leave behind a card that features ONE aspect of your service – such as ant control, bed bugs, etc. . . .something to educate the customer plus keep your name in their head.
- Continually point out in each communication attempt how you are different from your competition. Let your customers know what makes your service special.
- Do something unexpected each service call, i.e. sweeping down spider webs, carrying in a newspaper – then be sure the customer knows you did this!
- Make a promise to your customers, fulfill that promise and let them know you have done this
Need help communicating? Give me a call – 800-779-0067.