- Say THANKS! A simple “thank you for your business” can take any of several forms: a thank you note, a thank you email, a thank you phone call….
- Send flowers with a thank you note attached to your biggest/best customers.
- Remember your customer's name. This is particularly important for employees who come face-to-face with your customers.
- Give back. Does your customer have a favorite charity that you could donate to in their name for Valentine’s Day?
- Recognize a customer(s) on social media. If you’re connected to your customers on social media, mention their name in a post!
- Invite your customers to a customer appreciation event.
- Send a sweet treat like chocolate, food, drink, goodies!
- Have your face-to-face employees carry roses and present one to each customer on Valentine’s Day.
- Send your customer a favorite inspiring book and sign it before you send!
- Make a valentine video and mention the customer’s name. With easy-to-use video software, it takes only minutes to do this!
- Send a humorous e-card like one from jibjab.com.
- Give each customer a branded T-shirt with a “We love our Customers” message on it.
- Know someone who makes hand-made gifts? Send customers something hand-made for a special gift.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, how will you show your love for your customers? Love may be too strong a word, but everyone needs to be needed and cared for, even your customers. So here is a list of 13 things you can do to express your appreciation/love to your customers. Most of them cost nothing but a little time and some cost a little – but when measured against the live-long value of a customer, the cost is minimal.
Want to use these articles?
These articles may be freely published in any e-zine, newsletter, newspaper, magazine, website, etc. as long as my name and bio remain in tact. Please send me a link when you run my work. Just be sure to NOT edit them in any way and to always include this credit line: