1. Plan for the year.
2. Review your processes.
3. Conduct customer service training.
4. Conduct technical training.
5. Review your advertising.
6. Create/revise promotional materials.
7. Hire a business coach for 6 weeks.
8. Community service.
9. Analyze last year’s business.
10. Focus on cross selling/upselling your current customers.
11. Calendarize marketing to be sure it gets done!
12. If you’re not on LinkedIn or Facebook, spend some time acquainting yourself with these and other social media outlets. Join the ones you feel will be the most benefit to your business.
13. Write social media posts and schedule them to be posted using Hootsuite.com.
14. Attend a networking event and cultivate referral partners.
15. Take a class/seminar.
16. Review and update (or make a list of updates) for your web site.
17. Shop and replace old, hardly-working equipment.
18. Read a business book.
19. Explore new technology that will enhance your business.
20. Spend time with each employee and encourage them where needed.
21. Review/develop your unique selling proposition.
22. Learn new features of the software you use every day.
23. Clean your office!
24. Meet with a mentor.
25. Go on VACATION!
June Van Klaveren owns Compelling Communications and www.HowToMarketPestControl.com. She can be reached at 800-779-0067 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.