- Blog regularly and often. According to HubSpot, companies who blog 11+ times a month had almost 3x the traffic that those who blogged 0-4 times! But the most important point . . . get started with a couple of blogs a month and then gradually increase the number if you can.
- Use mind maps to develop topics and outlines. What’s a mind map? Click here.
- Include data but always acknowledge the source with a link.
- Develop an email list of followers
- Send links to your blog to your mailing list.
- Post links to your blog on social media
- Multipurpose blog content. Break down your blog into 20 individual points and post one every business day on your favorite social media platform.
- Break up long text with subheads, spacing and bullets to make it more scannable.
- In order to help your blog articles rank higher in search results, your keyword should appear in all of the following: “On-Page” SEO areas: URL, Page Title, Section Header, Subheaders, Main Content, Image ALT Text, and Meta Description.
- Use photos, illustrations to give your blog post eye appeal. Include the title of the blog in the illustration in case someone shares it with a link back to your post.
- Include a form on your blog where readers can subscribe to your emails.
- Promote blog.
- Add a Call to Action at the end of EVERY blog post!
Here are 13 tips for a more successful blog!
Want to use these articles?
These articles may be freely published in any e-zine, newsletter, newspaper, magazine, website, etc. as long as my name and bio remain in tact. Please send me a link when you run my work. Just be sure to NOT edit them in any way and to always include this credit line: